What is a UAE Residence visa?
Some people go to the UAE for working and business purposes. However, after some time they wish to live as UAE residence in any state of UAE. For this purpose the UAE provides residence. The residency in UAE gives many benefits, some are given below.
- You have an access to open a financial account in banks of UAE such as Emirates NDB and Dubai Islamic Bank.
- This will allow you to get loans. You can also get a vehicle/car loan from a bank.
- You can apply for Government Health Services and for Health insurances.
- Your children can be able to apply for government or private schools.
- You can get a driving license. You need this to buy and drive a vehicle.
- Also, you have access to visa-free countries.
Duration of Residence Visa in UAE:
The residence visa was valid for 1, 2, or 3 years in recent years. But according to the new policy, the UAE residence visa will be valid for 5 years or 10 years.
Who is eligible for a Residence visa?
To become eligible for a UAE residence visa you need to fall under one of the accompanying options.By following these you can be able to get a residence visa for UAE.
- You will have to study at the any University of UAE. (Student Visa)
- You will have to buy a property in UAE including land, vehicle, etc.
- You will have to become a UAE government employer or a private employer.
- And you will have to become dependent on a citizen of UAE or foreign residents such as spouse, child, parent, or close relative.
- You start a business in the UAE.
- You get retired from employment.
What are the Requirements for UAE Residence Visa?
- You need to get a job or invest in UAE to get a residence visa.
- UAE visa application form which is obtained online.
- An original passport.
- Four passport size photographs.
- An entry visa for UAE.
- A report that shows your medical fitness test (passed).
- If you are a student in the UAE so you need a Student visa.
- And if you are on a tour with your family then you need a family visa.
- If you are working in UAE then you need a Labor visa.
☛ All the foreigners need their medical checkups of many diseases such as COVID-19, Hep B&C, Tuberculosis, etc.
Keep In Mind: You can only apply for a residence visa if you are in UAE. You cannot apply for a residence visa by yourself you need a supporter who applies in your favor for a visa.
Who can apply in your Favor?
Following people can be your supporter depending upon your visa type.
- If you are a student, then your college or university is a supporter.
- If you are a worker, then your employer is a supporter.
- However, in some cases, you are a sponsor yourself.
- If you are with your family in the UAE, then your family member is your supporter.
What is the fee for a UAE residence visa?
The UAE residence visa is about 100 AED for each year. However, an additional fee for processing may be 70 AED depending upon where you apply. However, the Health Insurance fees and Medical test fees are in addition to it.
How to apply for a UAE residence visa?
Your supporter can apply for you from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) of the state where you want to live. At the time of submission of your application, he will also pay the visa fee depending upon the validity of the visa. After your application has approved GDRAF will issue an Emirates Id that has the same validity as the validity of your visa. You have to attach the residence visa to your passport.