The United Arab Emirates is making progress very fast in the field of technology and study. If you are deciding to study in the UAE then, first of all, you need to know about a student visa. A student visa is given to the students to study in foreign countries such as the UAE, USA, UK, Germany, China, and Japan, etc. The time limit of this visa is a maximum of 12 months or 1 year. If your degree course is longer than one year then you have to renew it after one year. These visas are generally provided as Scholarships for brilliant students. But some students go to the UAE without scholarships.
UAE provides the facility to teach the students in the following Universities:
- University of United Arab Emirates
- University of Abu Dhabi
- Sharjah University
- British University of Dubai
- Canadian University of Dubai
- Herriot Watt University
- Birmingham University
- Wollongong University of Dubai
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- The University of the West of Scotland
The University of West Scotland provides online classes for foreigners who do not need to visit the UAE. This is really a good facility, and only this university provides this facility. In this case, you need not waste your time by going to the UAE and you also need not pay the fees such as flight fees, hostel fees, etc.
Requirements for Student Visa to UAE:
If a student wants to apply for a student visa to study in the UAE, he just needs the documents which are:
- The UAE Passport including 4 photocopies. Confirm that the passport has six months validity and two blank pages for the stamp.
- An Admission letter is by the University to which you are going to apply.
- Fresh 12 photographs.
- Bank slips that clearly mention your funds. And shows that you have funds for tuition fees and other expenses such as hostel fees, transport fares, etc.
- Photocopy of the visa fees receipt. you’ll receive the receipt when you pay the visa fee.
- Photocopy of University fee receipt. This receipt will be issued after you pay the university fee.
- Your’s under-graduate proof if you are applying for a Postgraduate degree.
- Residency Certificate that shows your current nationality.
After applying, you need medical checkups of the diseases given below. Because these diseases spread very rapidly. But nowadays due to COVID-19 medical checkup is obligatory. Therefore you need to have your following tests:
- General Health Examination
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Chest X-ray
- AIDS (Acquired immune deficiency syndrome)
- Hepatitis B (serum hepatitis)
- Hepatitis C (Hep-C)
- TB ( Tuberculosis)
If any of the above test reports is positive then you will not be able to go to the UAE and your application is canceled until the recovery from these diseases.
What is the cost of a student visa for the UAE?
The cost of a student visa in the UAE depends upon the University you are going to take admission to. But generally, the cost for most UAE universities is 3000AED (US 820$). Keep in mind that you also have to pay the health insurance fee. The health insurance is also valid for only one year. And the UOWD student visa cost is 9206 AED (applied from inside) and 7576 AED (applied from outside).
A student can also apply for a short-term student visa which may be for 20 to 30 days. This type of visa has almost a cost of 1020 AED and in this, the insurance of health has not involved. As discussed above short-term means if you want to attend an educational ceremony or any type of function which is related to Education.
Click and also get information about a visit visa