Now Salik recharge toll gates are frequently used in many states of the United Arab Emirates due to their huge number of benefits such as they save our time, we need not wait, we need not carry the money with, and we need not slow the vehicle etc. You have to recharge it from time to time so that you do not feel any problem and fine.
Salik Recharge account process
You can easily Salik recharge and check your Salik account balance in the following three ways:
- Through the “Salik Application” and you can easily download it from the google play store.
2. Through the website in two ways
- By the eBay website.
- And by the mPay website.
3. Through self-service Machines by Customer Happiness Center.
- Al Kifaf
- Al Towar
- Al Barsha
One important point is that the least recharging amount is 50 AED. 4 AED has subtracted from you when you pass them. And the maximum limit of a day is 16 AED or 24 AED.
Check your Salik Recharge account balance
You can check your Salik account balance easily through the following ways easily:
- Through official site www.salik.gov.ae
- With the Salik app on your mobile
- Through a Salik toll-free number 800- SALIK (72545)
- Through the Dubai or Abu Dhabi petrol station
- Kiosks machines located in your city’
Don’t make the following mistakes for Salik recharge
- You Don’t have to use the Salik tag that is not yours
- Don’t replace your tag on other vehicles
- You have to inform the authorities in case you change the mobile number
- The Salik card you are using is not older than 10 working days
- You have to recharge the Salik account if you have no balance within the 10 working days
- If you are including in the exempted list use this only for one vehicle
- If you change the vehicle please inform the authorities.
Salik toll-free vehicles
A list of the people has given wich enjoys the facility of Salik toll-free. They didn’t need to pay any charge while passing through the Salik toll gates.
- RTA public bus
- Military vehicle
- College bus
- Police vehicle
- School bus
- People of determination
- Disables people
Salik Toll Gate in Dubai and their locations.
There are 7 Salik toll gates in the Dubai which are:
- Al Mamzar Location ( At the Al Ittihad Road).
- Jebel Ali Location (Sheikh Zayed Road).
- Al Maktoum Bridge Location (At the Umm Hurair Road).
- Airport Tunnel Location ( Beirut Street).
- The Al Barsha Location (At the Sheikh Zayed Road).
- Al Garhoud Bridge Location (At the Sheikh Rashid Road).
- The Al Safa Location (Sheikh Zayed Road).
Information and history of the Salik toll gates
This system was launched in Dubai on first July 2007. This system uses Radio Frequency Identification Technology. Tolls are automatically consumed form your Salik account. Research showed that 1.2 million vehicles were registered from 2007 to 2014 and it was the world’s highest registrations moment. These are Salik recharge able gates. And Salik recharge can be done online.
A new survey in 2020 has counted that 2.2 million vehicles have registered. At least 450,000 vehicles enter Dubai from the other UAE states. It has noted that 40,000 vehicles passed in the rush hours and during morning time in Dubai. If you are passing through a gate and moves straight without turning, tolls in the next Salik recharge gates are not consumed form you.
On Friday Al Maktoum Bridge is totally free. Al Mamzar south and north gates are free for one hour if you are travelling in the straight direction. the other gate Al Maktoum is free on Saturday at 6 am and on Thursday at 10 pm. The United Arab Emirates vehicles have registered online. The other non-UAE registered vehicles person need to fill-up the form for registration when he buys a tag. And this process may take 10 working days. During this time he has allowed to drive his vehicle through Salik recharge Toll Gates.