If you want to renew your emirates ID then I hope you have already aware of the Emirates ID, if you don’t know about Emirates ID then firstly we discuss a little bit about Emirates ID. After that, we will discuss the emirates ID Renewal process.
What is Emirates ID?
Emirates ID is a personal identity card that shows your nationality in the UAE (United Arab Emirates). The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship issues this ID card. It is necessary for both foreigners and UAE citizens to keep this ID card with them as a nationality card and identity card of the UAE.
If you have an Emirates ID card, then you notice that it contains a unique fifteen (15) digits number at the backside of your ID card.it is your identity number which is provided by ICA. When someone leaves the UAE and returns after a few years, then his old identity number is issue because this unique identity number will remain the same for his whole life.
How can you renew your Emirates ID?
Emirates ID will be renewed by your residence visa. Your visa has an expiry limit of either 2 or 3 years. After it will get expired. After that when you have to extend the visa validity, you have to renew your Emirates ID also. Keep in mind that after your visa has expired you have only 30 days to renew your Emirates ID. After 30 days the UAE government will charge 20 AED per day. This fine is only for the delay of renewal of Emirates ID. This fine is maximum up to 1000 AED. When your expires then ICA will remind you by SMS for renewing your visa.
Emirates ID renewal Process:
The whole process of emirates id renewal have explained step by step in the following points:
1. For the renewal of your Emirates ID you have two choices:
Visit any center where Emirates ID is renewed or issued.
- Your Emirates ID can also be renewed through BIZ.
- If you are a citizen of a UAE state then you can renew your ID by visiting this website Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA
- If you are a foreigner then click on this website Foreigner ID renewal portal
2.Filling out the renewal form
First of all, find a renewal center and ask them to fill your online ID renewal form. This form requires your;
- Personal information
- Previous ID number
- Your Passport and Visa
3.Submitting the Documents
Following documents are necessary to submit for the emirates ID renewal process:
- Expired Emirates ID
- Your Passport and Visa
- White background a passport size photo
- To submit your Birth certificate if your age is less than 15 years.
- If you already have a passport and visa and your age is above 15 years then also submit your expired passport and visa.
4.Paying the Renewal Fee
After completing the above steps your process is almost completed and now you need to pay the ID renewal fee. For extending your visa for 2 years you have to pay 270 AED and for 3 years you have to pay 370 AED.
5.Receiving your Emirates ID
When your emirate ID has renewed you will receive an SMS or mail through your e-mail address by ICA and your Emirates ID is available at your postal address.
6.Urgent Emirates ID Renewal process
If you need your Emirates ID renewal urgently:
1. A service is known as Fawri provides your ID in only 24 hours but it requires an additional fee.
2. BIZ also provides an urgent ID.
This Emirates ID is useful on the following occasions:
- For voting
- For traveling
- Also for access through Airport
- For e-Gates
- For UAE employing services